May is Mental Health Awareness Month. The Columbus Dispatch ran this column today and it includes a list of attributes to help you determine how mentally healthy you are. Here are a few traits of people with good mental health that I think some folks in politics might have problems with:
*They are able to give love, consider the interests of others and accept love.
• They expect to like and trust others, and think that others will like and trust them.
• They respect the differences they find in people.
• They do not bully nor do they allow themselves to be bullied.
• They feel a sense of responsibility to their neighbors and fellow human beings.
• They accept responsibility for who they are and what they do.
• They learn from the past, live in the present and look to the future with hope.
• They are objective enough about life to find humor even in difficult situations.
• They welcome new experiences and new ideas.
So…are you? Mentally healthy? Check the full list at the link above, not just the traits listed in this post.