In case I’m too busy making a good Father’s Day for the dad in our house, Happy Father’s Day.
These remains cover several days and I’ve still got a few thousand RSS feed items to read. I can dream (that I’ll read them all).
1. Who needs a supernanny when Applebee’s will serve your kid a Margarita?
2. The ReDistricting Game – all I want to know is, is it fun?
4. Two from Cliff Schecter:
-Wanna be legal? Tell the U.S. that you’ll serve in the military. No shame, the people who put that in there have absolutely ZERO shame.
–$33 million for 200 mental health professionals to attend to military needs? Agreed – they need more mental health folks helping the military folks. But $33 million?
5. Wendy underlines the importance of reporting what you do and do NOT know.
7. This makes me very nervous, partly because it doesn’t seem like equal treatment to so many other communities in need, not because the need isn’t there.
8. I thought this was pretty cool, but at least one person I know thinks it’s very ho-hum.
9. Marian Wright Edelman was in the house. Sigh. I still want to work for the Children’s Defense Fund.
And, last but not least, where I was for the last 10 days:
1. Figure out what kind of trees are behind us.
2. Pair that with the picture above this one.
3. Think of something that rhymes with “I want my Carducks.”
Answer: Carduck’s HQ, where my old college roomie is the program director for the Carducks Foundation.